Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Team Mates

Last Friday I was riding up Happy Valley Road (I call it Angry Valley) towards Lafayette. I flatted and was having a hell of a time getting the rear tire off the DT Swiss rim. It was not pretty. All of the sudden a white car comes racing down the hill towards me and stops. I was waiting for some inappropriate language and was not disappointed, it was Ken giving me a bad time. He was a real savior; he ripped the tire off the rim with his bare hands and then put a new tube in and got the tire back on! I had been trying to use a skewer to do it! That was real teamwork and I really appreciate it. I will do the same when the time comes. Of course the tire flatted again about 4 miles later and I had to use two skewers to get it off the rim; my follow vehicle never showed up! Thanks again Ken!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will be announcing soon that Mike Audley and Fred St. Goar will be joining the masters team and that Edan Levanton and Andrew Lanier will be joining the junior team. Stay tuned!