Tuesday, October 16, 2007

back in the day...

My daughter Aubrey works part-time at Happy Fish swim school when she's not in school herself (a senior @ UC Santa Cruz... go Banana Slugs!) so she came home this past weekend for the Happy Fish run for education. Aubrey and my wife Debbie did the 5km last year and had fun so I thought I'd give it a go this year. I started running two weeks ago because I want to try this duathlon in November. As a former runner during the "running boom" this should be easy. Basically, it was easy (avg. HR 105% of AT for 19:40) and it was rewarding (6th overall, 2nd master) but I am SO SORE!

Aubrey placed 2nd in her age group (19-29), Deb took her 3rd win in a row (50+) and we won the grand prize raffle... $500 at Sports Basement! Yippee! Lar

1 comment:

runjoelrun said...

Hey Larry,
See you at Knight's Ferry this year!