Monday, September 10, 2007

Schooled!!


District Elite Track Championships this last weekend.

I thought I knew what fast was. Look like I will have to repeat kindergarten. In individual pursuit (4k) I rode a decent time of 4:57. Not spectacular, but solid. Then Roman Kilun rolled up a very nice 4:53. While Roman and I rolled around the infield, Ben Jacques-Maynes put down a blistering 4:41. This dude belongs in Beijing Velodrome, August 2008. No kidding, he's the real thing. If you see him, be sure to remind him of that.

In team pursuit, the "Dangerous Camels" (Brian Peterson, Tom Fahey, Michael Hutchinson and me) rolled up a nice 4:51, with a few bobbles here and there, and came second to Ben's team.

I love track. SoCal next weekend.

1 comment:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

Mick ... your last 3-lap splits were IMPRESSIVE!

any other year and you take the gold.

but, this time it was the USPRO juggernauts.


good ride. hope to see you at LA Natz.