Thursday, March 15, 2007

Murietta Stage Race- Wayne Stetina

45+ stage race omnium in Murietta.

Mar 10: 50 min crit. 12th First race of the year for me is always a major challenge re-acclimating to the mental aspects of field positioning. As frequently happens in my advanced age, especially for my first race of the year 2 months after the season started, I pretty much sucked heading into the last turn 200m to the line…

Mar 11: 46 mi rolling RR: 2nd by 6” - caught right on the line. 5 riders over 2 minutes up on the field. Didn’t suck moving through the field on day 2…

GC: 6th, 4 points out of first, due to major lack of confidence / aggression in Saturday’s crit field sprint. Also the one bold move I made across to Thurlow’s break fizzled as Thurlow punctured almost immediately after I bridged alone. Other ~6 riders pretty much sat up & we got caught a lap later. Thurlow was just riding 45+ to help his teammates, & gave them a monster leadout on the final lap before racing the Pro ½ Crit, then placing 3rd in the Pro RR on Sunday.

At least my form should be the best its ever been for the upcoming San Dimas 45+ stage race... Wayne

No comments: