Wednesday, April 29, 2015

 
 
 
Injuries and Victories
 
        I'm sure most people can comprehend that injuries suck, but you can't look at it that way. You got to take that frustration and think about what lies ahead. About 2 months ago, I broke my wrist in a mountain bike race. I lay there in my hospital bed, waiting to get my wrist popped back into place and I keep thinking too myself, "Could I have least finished the race" but that wasn't the case. Not knowing if I'll need surgery if their not able to put my wrist back in place was the least of my worries but what drove me crazy was not knowing how long I'll be off the bike. Fortunately my wrist was fine after 8 weeks in a cast which I actually just got off this Monday and I can't even explain how good that felt. As soon as I got that damn thing off, I hopped right on my bike and started really training and for me that was victory. You take the little things as victories, for example getting my cast off, and take every step at a time. After missing San Dimas and Sea Otter, I will finally get back on that starting line this weekend at Barrio Logan with the intent of winning. Whether it's Jules or I, I'll make sure that one of us is on the top step.
 
 
                                 Thanks for the support by NCCF and all our sponsors, see you next time,
                                               
                                                   Sean  


No comments: