Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What a year!

With the racing season coming to an end, I'm taking time to look back.  I've had a very good year, and so has the Team.  I've had my up's and down's but all in all it's been a very good year. I won San Dimas with my teammates taking the next's three placing's.  At Sea Otter I didn't ride so well, but my teammates managed to get on the podium.  I won all my State Championships, then rode poorly at the Punch Bowl race. But for some perspective - we train all year to do great at Nationals.
                   
That's a story in itself, because Larry, Nick, Dad and I drove back to Madison, WI in the team van. It took us four days of driving. In those four long days we learned the art of eating out at gas station's. Nick (the city boy) cracked in the middle of Wyoming, not that I kept it together myself. But we made it to Madison in one piece, thats when all the fun began.
                   
When all the racing got started we had some great and not so great thing's happen.  Matt got hurt in the road race and had to go to the hospital. Gage finished 2nd in the TT and then finished 3rd in the road race with Nick and Jason finishing in the top ten. I won the TT, road race and criterium championships, but not without the help of my great teammate Jules.  He alone set up the move that allowed me to win the criterium, in which he finished in 5th place!

When Nationals finished up Larry, Nick, Dad, and I set out for the long drive home.  It only took us two days of driving to get back to California.  Larry and Nick had a Camp to get to, and I had my Grandma waiting for me. She came out for a family wedding. I don't get to see my Grandma but maybe once a year as she lives in Kansas, we had a great time together.

My teammates Gage and Jack went off to Belgium to race for the USA Team in August.  I checked on their results every day, and wished that was me over there with them. But I am not old enough yet so maybe next year. Gage and Jack and the US Team did great in Belgium by winning races and placing well in their races.

My teammates Gage, Jack, Jules, Matt and Grant all did great at the track Nat's, winning eight more National Championship's, and so did the Master's.

The team and I have had a very good year but none of this could have never taken place without the help of our sponsor's.  So at this time I would like to thank all of our sponsors: Specialized, Openwave Mobility, Clif, Touchstone, Squadra, Smith, Fit Kids, Zipp, and the NCCF who are the ones who make it all possible.  And thank you Larry for all the help you made me a better rider.
              
Yesterday I got my Cat 2 upgrade approved, now I've got my work cut out for me. My Dad say's "now we will see what you are made of".  So through the winter I'm going to be training hard so I can
make this a better team next year.
               
And one more thing - today was my Dad's Birthday, So HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, I Love You. Sean










No comments: