Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Euphoria

"When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


Why do you ride your bike? For exercise? To interact with friends? To be like the pros you see flipping through the channels? Well for me, riding is my euphoria, my place to relax and let all the troubles of the day skip my mind. The common question is asked, "Why do you ride bikes? It's so hard!" All I can say that it's my football or my baseball. I ride for my teammates, so I can perform well for them in every single race. I ride for self pleasure. I ride because there is nothing else in the world I would want to do. So next time you are having a horrible day at work or school, or you just don't have leg speed, ask yourself why you ride your bike. I can tell you from personal experience, this sport is so much more fun and rewarding when you are passionate and have a burning love for it.So next time you are riding, take the rest periods between your hard intervals to appreciate the landscape and beauty of the day. Have a great ride everyone.

~Jack Maddux

No comments: