Friday, February 24, 2012

THE DREAM TEAM

Hello, my name is Sean Mcelroy and I'am going to talk about how I got into this fantastic sport. I first started racing BMX when I was seven years old and I said to myself, this is the sport I want to do. When I first got on the BMX track I thought I had what it took to be a pro. Every Saturday I raced at my local track in Lancaster and I always finished second  to the same person every time. But because I got those second places, I had enough points to go from a novice to a intermediate. That's when I started winning races. Every race I would go to, I would win. But that all changed when I went expert.

I rode my first expert race in Sacramento and let's just say, I'd always ended up last. I kept on asking myself and my dad, why am I not winning. My dad told me that you have to train harder since your at a higher level now. So that's when my dad got me a road bike. It was a Specialized Allez and I loved it so much I knew I wanted to switch to road racing.

So  Christmas 2010 my dad got a Specialized Tarmac SL2 for me to race the 2011 season on, and my road racing career started, at age 11. My first road race was the Valley of the Sun and I finished 6th overall, boy what a eye opener. So to make a long story short, I went on to win the BMX cruiser, road, crit, and mountain bike nat. titles. And now I'am very fortunate for Larry Nolan to have asked me to be on the Specialized racing team and so far Ive had alot of fun with my teammates. And I know this year isn't going to be easy but I'am up for the challenge.

So far I've had alot of fun,and have alot to learn. But I'am going to work as hard as I can for my teammates so we can come out on top. This is the team I always dreamed of being on.

                 Sean Mcelroy

No comments: