Sunday, April 12, 2009

15-16 Copperopolis

We did 2 laps and had 6 of us from Specialized. We planned for Alistair to attack on the first climb. He did but didn't get away and continued trying. This was great because it split the group and after the climb, we had a 7 man break. In the break was: Alistair, Andrew, me, Torrey (davis), a Whole Athlete rider, Yuma (San Jose), Bjorn (AC). We worked well together through the end of the lap. On the next climb Torrey and Whole Athlete attacked on the climb. Andrew and Yuma were dropped. I almost was dropped and had to work hard to stay with them over the top. We worked well together through the flats. On the last two rollers Alistair didn't attack but went hard up them wearing them out which told me who was still strong. On the last climb Whole Athlete attacked. Bjorn and I worked hard to stay with them but couldn't. They looked around at the top and I caught back up. We went down the hill and near the bottom looked around again. I was looking back and saw Bjorn speeding down the hill and pass us but we were 1.5km from the finish and I wasn't worried but everyone else got scared and chased. We caught him with 1km to go. I got on Torrey's wheel and waited for 150 m. He went with 250 m and I followed him. He beat me and I finished 2nd.

What helped:
I got tested at Standford 2 weeks ago and knew my T2. I made sure I was under my threshold during the flats.

The bike was stiff through all the bumps and I could pedal through them.

No comments: