Saturday, October 18, 2014

Music and cycling


November 2014 issue of Cycle Sport came in the mail the other day.  I especially enjoyed the short piece on "Manuel Quinziato's Love of Music". 
 
Of special interest to me was this line: "It can lift you up when you are down and helps me to train".  I glammed onto that gem because there are so many articles written about riders and celebrities "favorites".  Favored books, movies, places to go and music.  My preference is to read what drives a rider more than a referral to their favorite.  This article does not bring out Manuel's reasons but it does hint to the emotional charge that riders get out of their favored tunes. 
 
I won't list my favorites, but I will admit that a 140 beat per minute song can get me fired up, a classical song can calm me down, and a good blues song actually makes me feel better about my day.  What does music do for you?  Do you have an emotional tie to what you are listening to?
 
Larry Nolan, Team Specialized Junior Director

No comments: