Saturday, August 9, 2014

Emotionally driven!

While riding around Lake Tahoe twenty four years ago a triple trailer clobbered me and took triathlon away from me.  A year after that accident I won my first NCNCA state championship in the criterium.  It was a good day and I remember it well, including crying in my car because it had been a long journey back to health. 

Three weeks before 2013 masters track world championships I crashed.  I cancelled my trip due to injuries (fractured pelvis and four ribs).  Today, eleven months later, I won my 125th NCNCA state championship.  I just finished a good cry. 

60 days out from 2014 masters world track championships and I very much want to take that top step of the podium.... and, then go off and have a good cry.

Yes, I am weird and proud of it!  Larry Nolan, Team Specialized

photo by world record holder Jim Turner
oh, and I want to be drug tested too!

No comments: