Saturday, September 3, 2011

2011 masters road nationals championships

Firstly, you don't need to win a national championship to earn the right to say "thank you". I'd like to thank Thom Weisel for adding me to his team way back in 1994 when I was relatively new to racing. Thom and my teammates taught me how to win races. Thank you to Wyatt Weisel for carrying the torch after the Subaru-Montgomy/ US Postal / Discovery Channel teams evolved and starting the junior program. It's been a great five years, we've have a positive affect on many young lives and 2012 is shaping up to be another great year. Thank you to the juniors who help to keep me young and on my toes, everyday of the year. Thank you to my wife Debbie who has been my best friend for the past 31 years and keeps me smiling and loving life.

Mostly, I wanted to take a time-out before the road race to say "thank you" to my masters teammates. I raced nationals in Kentucky in 2003 and vowed to not return. Unfortunately, masters nationals returned to Kentucky in 2009 and 2010 so I have missed racing and hanging with you during these important, but fun filled days at nationals. You epitomize hard masters racing and a winning attitude so I just wanted to say thank you and good luck tomorrow Dean, Chris, Rob, Craig and my teammate since 1995 Kevin Metcalfe, who I predict will win the road race tomorrow... With my help (of course)

Larry Nolan

No comments: